When you’re looking to decorate your home it’s important to be plan ahead and think about what you’ll need for the project. Below are some important considerations to help you get the most from your project.
- Decide on Your Budget – This is very important whether you’re decorating just one room or an entire house. The amount of money you have to spend will determine what type of furnishings you get and the scale of the project. You may want to get new flooring, wallpaper and furnishings but it’s always important to calculate the cost of each as well as the budget you’ll need to pay for any services such as painting or wallpapering.
- Colour – One of the first things you notice when walking into a room are the colours so when you’re looking to decorate you should decide on what type of colour scheme you want. There are some excellent resources online that will help you to decide on the right colour scheme for your project. You can then make an informed decision when purchasing furnishings etc.
- Style – Everybody has different tastes when it comes to decorating – some prefer a minimalist look whilst others prefer something more homely. You should think about what type of style you want the room(s) to be in when choosing furnishings, pictures, wallpaper etc.
- Room Size – The size of the room you are decorating is a very important factor. Let’s say for example you’re redecorating your living room and want to purchase a new 3 piece suit for it. Knowing the dimensions of the room is vital as it will determine how big of a suite you get. If you want the room to be spacious then you should account for this when purchasing any large furnishings you intend to put in the room.
- DIY – There may be some jobs that you feel comfortable doing yourself such as painting walls but anything that you’re not 100% sure that you can do well should be left to a professional. Hanging wallpaper is something that many people attempt without prior experience and this can often lead to very poor results.
Hopefully these tips have given you a good starting point for your decorating project.
If you would like to request a free quotation for decorating then please get in touch.
We carry out work throughout Kent including the following towns:
|Broadstairs||Folkestone||New Ash Green||Sutton Valence|